The Foundations Course – 7.1.19 – 11.2.19, 7-9pm
Following on from our Appreciating Fostering and Adoption event on 24.11.18, we are excited to announce the “FOUNDATIONS COURSE”.
‘Foundations’ is a 6-week course developed by Home for Good and is for anyone who wants to further explore fostering or adoption. Whether you are thinking this is something you might do in the future, or you might have already begun the assessment process, or you may just want a better understanding so you can support friends who foster or adopt, the Foundations course can help.
Each session includes a variety of activities, discussion and Bible study. Everyone who attends receives a journal – this takes you through the study with space for you to record your thoughts. There is also further content for participants to explore between sessions if they chose to, including additional films and Bible studies – all available online.
The 5 aims of the Foundations course are:
- To better understand the experiences of vulnerable children and the challenges they face.
- To better understand the practical and emotional realities of fostering and adoption.
- To better understand our adoption into the family of God and His love for us.
- To better understand God’s heart for vulnerable children and His call for us to care.
- For each individual to personally explore their response to this.
Please be aware that Foundations is not part of the fostering or adoption assessment and training process. However, whatever stage of the journey you are on, we believe ‘Foundations’ will equip you to better understand fostering and adoption and enable you to make well informed decisions.
For more information and to book in, please contact LBC Families Champion Sam Knight – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday evenings 7.00 – 9.00pm
7th January – 11th February 2019
Chawn Hill Church Centre, Chawn Hill, Stourbridge, DY9 7JD